EFFECTIVE May 3, 2010
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletters, respond to a survey, fill out a form or use other features of our site.
When ordering services or registering on or through our site (as applicable) you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, interests and other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously although certain features and functionality are not available to users who have not registered.
You should note that any information that you disclose when you post a comment to an article, post a message on a message board or submit information in any publicly viewable area of the site becomes public and may be used by NJSpotlight for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. You should be aware that any information that you submit in a publicly accessible areas of the Site can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the information that you choose to submit in such public areas. We encourage you be cautious about what you disclose and not to post in any public area any personal information that you wish to keep private.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions – such as subscribing to one of our paid newsletters.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails – the email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
- To send periodic emails to notify you of NJ Spotlight.com’s products and services.
- If you so choose, we will occasionally share with you relevant information from partners and services.
- If you decide to opt-in to our newsletters, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Note, however, that if you have registered as a user on the site, you may not unsubscribe from receiving certain administrative-related emails such as those described above.
How do we protect your information?
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your information in our possession. However, no data transmission over the internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that we collect from you or the security of our servers or databases. By using the Site you agree to assume all risk in connection with information sent to us or collected by us.
NJSpotlight may employ third parties to advertise on our behalf. Such third parties may employ cookies and action tags to gauge advertising effectiveness.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. Trusted third parties, who assist us in operating our website, processing credit cards, conducting our business, or servicing you, will have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
We may share anonymous, non-personally identifiable, visitor information, including aggregate information derived from personally identifiable information, may be to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
Children and Parents
This policy was last modified on May 3, 2010