- »Reclassifying Proposal as Pilot Project Could Help Offshore Wind Get Under Way
Assembly committee looks to amend bill, let wind farm move ahead despite concerns about projected cost.
- »Changes to Special-Ed Code Add to Tensions Between Parents, Administration
Taken singly, the proposed revisions deal with minutia, but parents argue they add up to significant amendments.
- »NJ Fares Well in EPA’s Map of Greenhouse Gas Totals in Industrial States
Garden State isn’t even among top 10 for emissions; Linden has three of our worst-polluting facilities.
- »Bill Would Clear Way for Medical Marijuana Users to Receive Transplants
Legislation in NJ seeks to prevent repeat of controversial cases at California hospital.
- »New School Report Cards Measure More Than Just the ABCs of Student Performance
By digging deeper into data, School Performance Reports can analyze and compare grades and progress for students statewide.
- »Number of the Day: 3 minutes
It doesn’t count if it's a very cold winter morning or you're forced to stop in traffic, but New Jersey law prohibits cars from idling more than 3 minutes. The state Department of Environmental Protection is on a campaign to warn residents