- »Battle Over Governor’s Powers Underscores Importance of Upcoming Supreme Court Fight
Court hearing on Christie’s right to unilaterally abolish Council on Affordable Housing has constitutional and budgetary implications.
- »Is New Jersey Missing Its Offshore-Wind Opportunity?
Legislative committee wants to know why offshore wind is dead in the water.
- »After Christie Veto, Democrats Vow to Put Minimum Wage on Ballot
Issue not likely to counter governor's popularity, but it may make Republican legislators more vulnerable.
- »Cerf's Visit to Education Committee Raises Question About Budget Balance of Power
Committee member: why wrangle over state school aid if lawmakers can't affect final numbers?
- »Congressman Who Worked on ACA Expresses Disappointment with Christie
Pallone endorses Buono for governor, urges support of Medicaid expansion and state-run health-benefit exchange.
- »Number of the Day: 15
A state Senate bill allowing for early voting -- which would enable state residents to cast ballots 15 days before Election Day -- is winding its way through the state Senate. The bill, sponsored by state Senators Nia Gill (D-Essex) and Jim Whelan (D-Atlantic), calls for early voting for both the primary and the general election.