- »Newark Parents and Activists Take School Closure Complaint to D.C. for Civil Rights Hearing
Complaint contends that Christie's school turnaround plan does nothing for poor, black, and Hispanic students.
- »New Jersey Moving Closer to Cheaper, Greener Transportation, Experts Say
Also on agenda at NJ Spotlight Roundtable: solar, rebuilding infrastructure in wake of Sandy, encouraging energy efficiency.
- »Legislature Takes Second Look at Regulating Emergency Medical Services
Opponents argue that bill would put excessive financial burden on volunteer EMT squads.
- »Opinion: State of the State Conspicuously Silent on Global Climate Change
It's not enough for governor to embrace Obama, he needs to get his arms around some presidential ideas.
- »Voices from NJ Spotlight
In the rush of quotes and contentions that mark every week at NJ Spotlight, it's easy to miss some of the most memorable.
- »Number of the Day: 5,079
With $6.5 million in Green Acres funding and $3.2 million from the Nature Conservancy and the Pinelands Commission, the state has purchased 5,079
acres of woodlands and wetlands in Atlantic County's Great Egg Harbor
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free daily and weekly news digests.
NJ Budget watch 2010 - 2012
Copyright © 2012-2013, njSPOTLIGHT. All rights reserved.