- »Camden Takes Drastic Measures to Combat Crime
New county police led by law-enforcement innovator will replace depleted city force.
- »Bill Would End Towns' Liability for Superfund Site Cleanup
A controversial measure to redefine hazardous waste is being opposed by environmentalists and business groups.
- »Christie Gets Tougher With Charter School Teachers
According to the administration, making it more difficult for charter teachers to earn tenure gives the schools themselves "more flexibility."
- »Bill Seeks to Close Gap in Coverage for State Employees
Plans now exclude eating disorders, alcoholism, substance abuse, mental illness.
- »Conference Finds NJ Public Radio and TV Faring Well in New York, Philadelphia
The state may have sold off its public radio and TV stations, but their New Jersey audience continues to grow.
- »Number of the Day: $2.37 million
Candidates for governor in 2013 have already raised $2.37 million for the election, almost all of it by Gov. Chris Christie, according to campaign finance reports filed with the state’s Election Law Enforcement Commission.
- »Op-Ed: Who Has Time for the Flu? How to Fight Illness With Smart Policy
Earned days off could help contain the flu outbreak and ultimately increase employee productivity.