- »Democrats Seek to Block Administration's Attempt to Revise School Funding Formula
Under governor's proposal, poorest districts could get less in next year’s state budget.
- »Environmentalists Oppose DEP Waiver Rule Backed by Businesses
Controversial regulation continues to range conservationists against traditional ally -- the DEP.
- »As Flu Crisis Worsens, Assembly Committee Hears From Overcrowded Hospitals
Lack of space in emergency rooms could leave some flu sufferers with nowhere to go.
- »Lawmakers Urged to Shore Up Image of Post-Sandy Jersey Shore
Marketing campaign sought to let tourists know that businesses are reopening, some towns had little damage.
- »Assembly Panel Aims to Stall Plan to Outsource State Lottery
But two bills targeting Gov. Christie’s proposal lack legal authority to stymie switch to private contractor.
- »Number of the Day: $1.1 billion
New Jerseyans lost $1.1 billion in personal income in 2012 due to Hurricane Sandy, according to a new report from the Rutgers Economic Advisory Service (R/ECON). But with a full expenditure of restoration funds that trend can be reversed