- »New Jersey Facing Major Fiscal Crisis in Years Ahead, Blue-Ribbon Panel Reports
Budget expert: More revenue needed to meet pension, Medicaid, and infrastructure expenses.
- »Bills Would Block Diversion of Clean Energy Funds, Develop More Capacity
Creating a new Office of Clean Energy would add financial transparency, making it easier to follow the money
- »Task Force Seeks End to Long-Distance Trips to VA Hospitals
Recommendation calls for VA to pay for veterans to receive care locally.
- »Schools Still Struggle to Cope with Sandy’s Aftermath
Displaced students, lost class time, fiscal worries among lingering problems, Assembly panel told.
- »Interactive Map: NJ Gave $1.3M More to Obama Than Romney
- »Number of the Day: 64
There were 64
deaths due to fires in 2011, three of them firefighters and 61 civilians, according to the 2011 New Jersey Fire report. Most fatalities occurred due to residential fires (77 percent), while vehicular fires caused 18 percent of the fatalities. Fires occurring at single-family dwellings
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free daily and weekly news digests.
NJ Budget watch 2010 - 2012
Copyright © 2012-2013, njSPOTLIGHT. All rights reserved.