- »Ten Years to Rebuild Smarter, More Resilient Jersey Shore, Experts Say
Comprehensive dune system would reshape shoreline, remake communities
- »Cyber-Charter Challenge: How Does State Watch Over What It Can't See?
Legislature grapples with basic issues concerning online charters, starting with working definitions.
- »Controversial Bill Would Let Psychologists Prescribe Medication to Clients
Psychiatrists argue proposed program not enough preparation to deal with complex psychotropic drugs.
- »Opinion: Holiday Gift Suggestions for Governor Christie
Hurricane Sandy showed us another Chris Christie, one who may be ready to consider new policy options and opportunities.
- »Sandy Hook Redevelopment Plans Shelved Until Early Next Year
Despite major cleanup and rebuilding after namesake hurricane, park officials are looking to reopen by Memorial Day.
- »Podcast: Privatization Plans for NJ State Lottery
Controversial scheme puts Assembly Democrats and Republicans at loggerheads.
- »Number of the Day: 17 percent
There are 1.4 million New Jerseyans -- 17 percent
of the population -- living beneath the federal poverty line, which was pegged at $22,350 for a family of four in 2011. Another 6 percent, or 559,800, have incomes below
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free daily and weekly news digests.
NJ Budget watch 2010 - 2012
Copyright © 2012-2013, njSPOTLIGHT. All rights reserved.