- »Shifting School Board Ballots to November Leaves Financing, Controversy Behind
With school budgets held in check, NJEA has little reason to reach deep in its pockets
- »Redundancy, Tree Trimming, Key to Keeping Lights On, Utilities Say
A redundant grid, and a smarter one, will help protect power during superstorms.
- »Court Upholds State’s OK of Hospital Reopening
Three-judge panel rejects competitors’ attempt to block plans for branch of Hackensack University Medical Center.
- »Keeping Newark Homeowners at Home, Despite Looming Foreclosure
Delinquency doesn't equal deadbeat, according to new initiative to be evaluated in New Jersey.
- »Agenda: State Board of Education
Charters, graduation rates, administrative code, Newark's groundbreaking contract, and public comment will make for a hectic meeting today.
- »Number of the Day: 49.9 percent
Nearly half -- 49.9 percent
-- of New Jersey’s 1,844,581 immigrants are naturalized citizens, meaning they are eligible to vote, according to the Immigration Policy Center,
- »Op-Ed: The Lakewood School System -- Unique in NJ?
Can a public school system survive under these circumstances?
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free daily and weekly news digests.
NJ Budget watch 2010 - 2012
Copyright © 2012-2013, njSPOTLIGHT. All rights reserved.