- »Smart Grid, Meters, No Magic Bullet for Damage Done by Major Storms
'Electricity with brains' can speed customer recovery times, help cut consumer bills.
- »Dealing with Sandy’s Aftermath Puts Schools to the Test
Senate Budget Committee hears about impact on school year, tax ratables, budgets.
- »GOP Opposition to Medicaid Expansion May Be Preview of Governor’s Stance
State Senate vote along party lines reflects Christie’s doubts that feds will fund broader coverage.
- »By the Numbers: Hurricane Sandy’s Environmental Impact
- »Lawmakers Want to Put More Bite in Law Protecting 'Jersey Fresh' Brand
Despite worries about counterfeiting, actual cases are hard to dig up.
- »Number of the Day: 1.1 million
About one in eight New Jerseyans -- or 1.1 million -- receive Social Security benefits and Medicare, according to the AARP, adding a combined $32 billion each year into the state’s economy. The average annual benefit for state residents