- »Lesniak Wants to Lay Down the Law to Utilities: 'Never Again'
Senator's bill calls for stormproofed substations, widely deployed smart meters, to prevent the outages that followed Sandy.
- »NJ Charter School Students Learn More Than Their Peers, Says New Report
Newark charters lift statewide averages, while advantages not necessarily shown elsewhere.
- »State to Hold Hearings on Elective Angioplasties
The heart of the matter: should NJ hospitals without onsite cardiac surgery be allowed to perform this procedure?
- »Two NJ Districts Named as Race to the Top Finalists
Newark public schools and Monmouth County consortium culled from more than 20 applicants from New Jersey.
- »Number of the Day: 20 percent
Despite support from the public and Democratic legislators, the use of red-light safety cameras, also known as Red Light Running systems, could be in jeopardy. The Department of Transportation's annual report