- »Storm Costs Won't Necessarily Spell Budget Disaster
Federal aid, insurance payouts for reconstruction work could offset lost revenues.
- »Law Meant to Stabilize Solar Sector Raises Vexing New Questions
Where solar-energy systems are installed -- brownfields or farmland -- could affect future of NJ market.
- »Votes in Three States Buoy Hopes of Gay-Marriage Advocates in NJ
But marriage-equality supporters here prefer action by state Legislature.
- »Newark Teacher Contract Isn’t Just About Performance Bonuses
Pact scheduled for ratification vote Wednesday includes rules for evaluations, advanced degrees.
- »Out of the Superstorm, Valuable Lessons for Health Providers
Roundtable gives emergency responders a chance to reflect on what riding out Sandy taught them.
- »NJ Schools Back in Session After Sandy, If Not Quite Back to Normal
Displaced students, building repairs, transportation woes still plague many reopened districts.
- »Number of the Day: 2,100
For New Jerseyans, the past week has been all about recovering from Hurricane Sandy, and a big part of that effort has been the 2,100
National Guard dispatched to the state -- tomorrow's veterans, who deserve a special thanks given the holiday we've just celebrated.
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free daily and weekly news digests.
NJ Budget watch 2010 - 2012
Copyright © 2012-2013, njSPOTLIGHT. All rights reserved.