- »New Jersey Voters Turn Out, Despite Obstacles and Irregularities
In the chaotic aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, New Jerseyans do whatever's necessary to make their votes count.
- »Storm Turns Voting Topsy-Turvy But Outcome Upholds Status Quo
Incumbent U.S. senator and 11 congressmen win reelection despite uncertainty over ballots.
- »Menendez Wins Handily Over Kyrillos
- »State Agency Waives Environmental Rules to Speed Rebuilding After Storm
Environmentalists argue that rebuilding without planning invites further disasters.
- »Most NJ Schools Slated to Open Doors Today
Nearly 80 percent of state’s districts ready to welcome back students.
- »Number of the Day: 5,497,322
There were 5,497,322
New Jerseyans registered to vote on Tuesday, more than 100,00 more than were registered in 2008, the last presidential election. That year, turnout was 73 percent, matching the previous presidential election in 2004.
Become A NJ Spotlight Member!
Comment on anything and everything we publish.
Join the conversation. Or sign up for our free daily and weekly news digests.
NJ Budget watch 2010 - 2012
Copyright © 2012-2013, njSPOTLIGHT. All rights reserved.