- Number of the Day: 815.6
- | March 2, 2011 | Number of The Day
- In general, foreign-born New Jersey residents are healthier than those born here, though the difference begins to balance out the longer one lives in New Jersey. That’s the takeaway from a study released Tuesday by the state Department of Health entitled
- Compare and Contrast Municipal Budgets -- Online
- John Mooney | March 2, 2011 | Budget
- TownStats.org is assembling a database of every municipal budget in the Garden State.
- SDA Slowly Inches Closer to Restarting Long-Delayed Projects
- John Mooney | March 2, 2011 | Education
- Vote today on 10 projects, but four times as many schools -- and
hundreds of millions already spent -- on hold.
- Can Clean Energy Shut Down Coal-Fired Power Plants?
- Tom Johnson | March 2, 2011 | Energy & Environment
- Sierra Club report suggests increasing reliance on renewables and cutting power consumption can shut down dozens of coal plants.
- The Battle Over Immunization
- Lilo Stainton | March 2, 2011 | Healthcare
- As the legislature prepares to take up the issue of mandatory vaccinations for schoolkids, advocates and critics step up their arguments pro and con.