Katz on Christie And So It Goes: Lobbyists Feed Politicans at DNC Matt Katz
A Bloody Mary in the morning, champagne flutes in the afternoon and paté at night. Funded by special interests, enjoyed by politicians and hidden from public view ...Read More
NJ Spotlight Daily News
July 27, 2016
- How Can New Jersey, Other States Rescue Underfunded Pension Systems?
- NJ Senate President Sweeney says officials need to be honest with the public and state workers about the problem
- JCP&L Takes Another Run at Spinning off Transmission Assets
- Company adds five current commercial distribution customers to spinoff, hoping to qualify as public utility with power of eminent domain
- NJ’s Early Intervention System Remains Robust and Ready to Help
- Hotline service helps parents, caregivers get answers and help early on, often a critical consideration when dealing with young children
- Peach Farming in the Garden State: Not as Sweet a Deal as It Used to Be
- New Jersey’s peach industry is going through some changes, some for the better, others — it remains to be seen
- Op-Ed: For Nonprofit Hospitals, a Time to Legislate, Not Litigate
- It’s important to get the legislation right and arrive at a sound solution that will help municipalities and tax payers without threatening the viability of hospitals
- Most Popular
- Most Commented
July 26, 2016
- Children of Fear: Who Speaks for New Jersey’s Youngest Undocumented Immigrants?
- Seeking political or religious asylum, fleeing threats of murder, physical and sexual abuse, and grinding poverty, some of the world’s children find hope and a home here
- PSEG Files with FERC to Stop Pipeline Expansion Project in New England
- But opponents of PennEast argue some of company’s objections can also be made against the proposed pipeline, which PSEG backs
- Stopping NJ Companies from Shifting Revenue to States with Lower Business Taxes
- Veteran senator hopes debate over Transportation Trust Fund will boost efforts to tighten business-tax rules
- Opinion: Could Christie’s Rejection of Latest TTF Compromise Boomerang?
- With his popularity lagging and his administration dogged by scandal, this isn’t the best time for a lame-duck governor to attempt a show of strength
- Assemblyman Promotes Single-Payer Insurance for Some NJ Residents
- Gusciora wants legislators to start talking about how to expand health coverage in the ‘post-Christie era’
- Explainer: Alzheimer’s NJ Goes Solo But Still Offers Same Services
- Nonprofit split from national umbrella group because it feared losing control of assets and programs
July 25, 2016
- Feeling The Bern and Hating On Hill
- Chants of "lock her up" echoed through Philadelphia Monday as supporters of former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders marched across the Ben Franklin Bridge ...
- Federal Agency Says PennEast Environmental Impacts Could Be Reduced
- FERC’s 1,000-plus-page Environmental Impact Statement on proposed pipeline hailed by company as step forward, dismissed by angry environmentalists
- Democratic Leaders Unite On New Tax-Cut Plan to Balance Gas-Tax Hike
- Sweeney and Prieto hope to appeal to legislators from both parties — and maybe even Gov. Christie — or to pick up enough support for an override
- Long, Winding Road for Sweeney’s and Christie’s Education-Funding Plans
- Getting either to the Legislature, never mind passed, is proving to be a tough challenge
- New Jersey Gets More Federal Funding for Zika Study, Prevention
- State health officials maintain vigilance even though Garden State climate not friendly to mosquito that spreads virus
- Op-Ed: Help NJ’s Urban Business Base by Extending UEZ Program
- There’s legislation on the governor’s desk that can take some of the pressure off cities like Bridgeton, Camden, Trenton, and Plainfield
July 22, 2016
- New Jersey’s Job Growth Strong in June After Two Months of Losses
- Is this the beginning of a new upward trend or a continuation of the up-and-down movement so far in 2016?
- ‘Greens’ Urge Senate to Post Resolution Rolling Back DEP’s New Water Rules
- State agency argues revised regulation streamlines permitting process while protecting water quality and preventing flooding
- Comprehensive Healthcare for LGBT Patients Hard to Find in New Jersey
- That’s beginning to change as some major hospitals reconsider services – and attitudes
- Interactive Map: New Jersey in Midst of New Baby Bust
- Lingering economic problems and young women delaying motherhood have been suggested as reasons for the decline in the number of children
- WNYC@RNC: Donald Trump's Big (Long) Speech
- Donald Trump officially accepted his party's nomination to become the 45th president of the United States with a grim speech that focused on crises and violence ...
July 21, 2016
- RNC Thursday: Driving Up the Ratings of The Unconventional Convention
- It had been a relatively sleepy convention until Senator Ted Cruz's speech amped everything up to 11 ...
- Ballot Question on Pension Payments Gets Dragged into TTF Wrangle
- Deadline nears for putting new pension payments on November ballot, but impasse between Christie and Sweeney on transportation funding gets in the way
- Will New Jersey’s Long, Hot Summer Mean More Forest Fires?
- Peak forest-fire season should be over, but hot, dry weather and global warming could contribute to even more acreage being destroyed
- Poll: Is the National Republican Party Too Right for the Garden State?
- The GOP is always talking about its big tent. Is there room for NJ inside it?
- NJ Picks up Nearly $1M in Federal Funding for Healthcare Education
- Bulk of money will help nurses from underprivileged backgrounds pay off student loans, if they go into nursing education
- Op-Ed: New Jersey’s Educational Opportunity, A Chance for All to Succeed
- New law gives state $900 million in federal funds and opportunity to make sweeping changes
- Piscataway Mayor Tells DOT What It Can Do with TTF Work Stoppage
- Brian Wahler got a shutdown order about a Piscataway project, and then he got mad
- Capital Perk: Sen. Sweeney's 'Chill-Pill' Advice on HS Testing
- According to the Senate president, there's plenty of time to explore all reasonable options